Spraoi agus Spórt is grateful and thankful to all our donors and supporters, without whom we would not be able to attain our goals and mission. As a charity seeking donations from the public we Spraoi agus Spórt aim to comply with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising. This donor charter has been produced to assure donors and potential donors of the integrity and accountability of Spraoi agus Spórt.
Our Donors have the following rights
- To be treated with respect, honesty and openness.
- Be informed of Spraoi agus Spórt’s mission, and of the way Spraoi agus Spórt intends to use donated funds.
- Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given and in instances where this is not viable discuss with you any other alternative uses.
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality, including your right to have your name deleted from our mailing lists and that there will be full compliance with the Data Protection Act 1988 and 2003.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired third party agents.
- To be kept informed of the impact of your support and Spraoi agus Spórt’s evolving needs and priorities.
- To receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions you might have of the organisation.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment, recognition, and publicity for your donation in consultation with you, and to respect anonymity if requested.
Spraoi agus Spórt has committed to comply with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising, in this regard:
- We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in Spraoi agus Spórt.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the organisation’s governing board, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the charity will be dealt with professionally, and ensure that any third parties fundraising on behalf of Spraoi agus Spórt will abide by all policies and procedures.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the charity will be dealt with professionally.
- Have easily available the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
Spraoi agus Spórt welcomes support from individuals and organisations and would be delighted to discuss ways in which relationships could be fostered with potential benefactors.
What happens next?
If you complain in person or over the phone, we will try to resolve the issue there and then. Similarly, if you complain by email or in writing we will always acknowledge your complaint within 7 days, and do everything we can to resolve it within 21 days. If this is not possible, we will explain why and provide a new deadline.
What if the complaint is not resolved?
If you are not happy with our response, you may get in touch again by writing to the Secretary of Spraoi agus Spórt. The Secretary will ensure that your appeal is considered at Board level and will respond within two weeks of this consideration by Board members.
This complaints procedure does not apply to Spraoi agus Spórt’s staff.