Safe Guarding Policy
We in Spraoi agus Spórt Family Centre Ltd., SuperValu Centre, Carndonagh, Co. Donegal are committed to practice which protects children from harm. Management, staff and students/volunteers in Spraoi agus Spórt Family Centre Ltd. recognise that the welfare of children is paramount and we will endeavour to safeguard children by; –
- Having a reporting procedure to respond to concerns around children’s welfare and safety.
- Having a confidentiality statement.
- Having a code of behaviour for staff and students/volunteers.
- Having a safe recruitment procedure.
- Having a procedure to respond to accidents.
- Having a procedure to respond to complaints.
- Developing a staff allegations procedure and disciplinary procedure.
As part of this policy Spraoi agus Spórt Family Centre Ltd. will;
- Appoint a designated liaison officer.
- Provide induction training around child protection policy.
- Ensure that staff attend child protection training as appropriate.
- Provide supervision and support for staff and volunteers in contact with children.
- Share information about the child protection policy and good practices with families and children.
- Review Spraoi agus Spórt Family Centre Ltd.’s child protection policy on a regular basis.
Designated Liaison Officer:
- Tracy Grant, Manager.
In Her Absence:
- Louise Grant